1. Name of the line of doctoral research
The corporate movements of the 21st century: the sensors of commercial economic activity
2. UNESCO codes related to the research line
|5300: Economic Sciences||04: Economic activity|
|5600: Legal Sciences and Law||99: Commercial Law|
3. Recommended admission requirements for candidates
Candidates are interested in commercial companies as an instrument of information on the real evolution of economic activity, trained in the branches of Legal or Economic Sciences, familiar with some of the dimensions of this management, with a linguistic competence at level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages in Catalan, Spanish or English, an availability in accordance with the requirements of the doctoral regime of the European Higher Education Area, and a link with a university institution that motivate and justify your candidacy.
Fiter i Rossell Chair of Legal and Political Sciences
5. Leading Centre
Alma Mater University Institute
6. Centre for Environmental Studies
Dr. Alfred Albiol
7. Object of Study
This line of doctoral research studies the four fundamental corporate movements: the constitution of companies, the expansion and reduction of social capital and the liquidation of companies, with the aim of identifying the consistency of the evolutionary data with the general data emanating of the other studies on economic activity.
The line of research aims, as an overall hypothesis, to demonstrate that the knowledge of the evolution of the corporate movement does not only provide legal information nor is it disconnected from the real economic activity, but is a useful instrument to complement that of the rest of the econometric instruments, as well as to reflect the socio-political evolution of the territorial framework.
10. Analytical model
In this line, doctoral research must necessarily assume the following analytical structure in their Doctoral Research Plan:
- Justification of the research.
- Presentation of the doctoral research case.
- Formulation of the general hypothesis and the specific ones.
- First part
- Conceptualization of the social movement as an object of scientific study.
- Approaches and theoretical perspectives applied to the study of social movement.
- Methodology and techniques for the analysis of societal movement.
- General and specialized documentary and bibliographic sources in the corporate movement.
- Second part
- Descriptive analysis of the general characteristics of the European territory that is the subject of the doctoral research case.
- Descriptive analysis of the legal regime of the corporate movement in force in the European territory which is the subject of the doctoral research case.
- Descriptive analysis of the social movement in the European territory object of the doctoral research case.
- Third part
- Conclusive analysis of the results of the subject of the doctoral research case.
- Comparative analysis of the results of the object of the doctoral research case in relation to the other territories investigated by the doctoral research line.
- Fourth part
- General and specialized bibliographic sources used in the research.
- Specific documentary sources used in the investigation.
11. Options of doctoral research
Initially, candidates admitted to this line of doctoral research may choose one of the following options as a case study:
- Principality of Andorra.
- Principality of Catalonia.
- Balearic Islands.
- Valencian country.
Study cases are going to be assigned to doctoral students by strict order of admission date and taking into account the interest or the accredited link with one or another territory.
12. Specialized training
In accordance with the Doctoral Program guidelines, the doctoral research line organizes the corresponding training activity, which the doctoral students must carry out online during the first year of the program.
This specialized training allows doctoral students to gain prior knowledge of all the necessary theoretical and methodological elements to carry out their research. It is structured in seven units:
- Construction of the object of study.
- Theoretical approaches to the object of study.
- Research methodology and techniques.
- Sources of information and documentation for the investigation.
- Research hypothesis.
- Context and scope of the investigation.
- Structure of the investigation.
13. Scientific calls and activities
The Coordination of the research line convenes annual Scientific Conferences to present and debate the theoretical and methodological issues that affect the object of study of the line. These conferences are open to all PhD students and researchers working in the same scientific field, who can present their work and participate in the debates that arise.
Also, PhD students can attend the public events for the evaluation of the doctoral research carried out by other PhD students, called by the Doctoral Program Coordination at the end of the second year of the program.
On the other hand, PhD students can participate in the public events organized by the J. H. Newman Doctoral School, such as publication or project presentations, conferences and debates, etc.
In addition, the Coordination of the line of research informs doctoral students of the calls for proposals made by other scientific and academic entities on the subject of the study or related fields, so that they are aware of them and can submit, if appropriate , the work done during his research
14. Scientific Publications
The Coordination of the research line is going to provide doctoral students with a list of specialized publications and papers, to which they have to direct their proposals in order to publish their doctoral research.
Català / English / Español
16. Additional information
Contact details: email@example.com
PhD regulations: https://euniv.eu/universitat/normativa/